Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 10,541 to 10,553 of 10,553

VoidofLight

@gcunit Pocket Camp has a relationship scale as well. Weird they didn’t do an invisible one for new horizons.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

gcunit

@VoidofLight Ah, that's interesting to know, thanks. I've barely touched Pocket Camp, so even if I've come across that, I'd forgotten.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

FishyS

@gcunit I liked the idea until you mentioned the Zelda horses... I truly hate the way they deal with horses in BotW. 😝

@VoidofLight I mean... New Horizons does have a mostly hidden relationship scale with 6 levels if I recall. And of course you get the friendship photo at the end ( Edit: apparently the photo comes at level 5 so not quite the end). Regardless, each level has the villager interact with you differently and you can go up or down in points.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Anti-Matter

So, what is your funny greetings / catchphrase for your villagers?
I taught them with Konnichiwa or Apa Kabar for the greetings.

Anti-Matter

Burning_Spear

Anti-Matter wrote:

So, what is your funny greetings / catchphrase for your villagers?
I taught them with Konnichiwa or Apa Kabar for the greetings.

My villagers use Jamaican patois, so they greet me with Wah gwan, Wah gwan ya or Whatta gwan.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

gcunit

@Burning_Spear Must be like playing a Rasta Mouse game. Sounds irie.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

I literally gave my villagers nickname like these:
1. Raymond = Kitten
2. Wolfgang = Wolf
3. Apollo = Eagle
4. Jay = Blue Bird
5. Tybalt = Tiger
6. Sherb = Capricorn
7. Marshall = Tupai
8. Sterling = Phoenix
9. Kurt = Ursa Major
10. Rooney = Kickboxing

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

One thing I hope they fix in Animal Crossing 6 is how the dialogue is dispersed. I dislike how it feels like the villagers repeat the same few things unless you talk to them over and over again. It should be a case where you don't have to do that in order to hear the more interesting and unique dialogue.

Another thing I hope they end up fixing is your villagers coming to visit you. I loved the feature in New Leaf, but when New Horizons brought it back- they went way too extreme with it. With the feature, they should have it be where there's a chance of it happening while you're at home, instead of it being every single time you're at home.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Anti-Matter

I don't really care with dialogue variety in ACNH as the other games also have limited dialogue variety. Not a big deal.
As long my villagers stay forever in my island, that's more than enough.
Because I'm already content with ACNH, I still thinking twice to return on ACNL as it still have some primitive features than ACNH.
Sure, I can still prevent my villagers moving out by themself in ACNL but I must find who will give reaction to me and want to say that they want to leave in 10 more days. Of course, I will say NO then save the game once I finished doing maintenance and leave the games until I want to revisit again. That's the only way to preserve all my villagers in ACNL.
I'm glad in ACNH, all my villagers will NEVER moving out by themself when I get hiatus from the game.

Btw, if you keep salty with ACNH and keep complaining about how ACNH should have archaic features from older games, just go back to older Animal Crossing.
ACNH will NOT suddenly have features you are complaining about.

Anti-Matter

Hyrule_Rainclouds

I really like having the option to keep my villagers permanently, if I want to, but I'd much rather it be something I have to work toward, something I have to earn. They could implement some kind of system where you have to build friendship to a certain level and then go to the Town Hall and ask to make that villager a permanent resident or something. As some have said, New Horizons does have a hidden friendship level system. You can even ask Katrina what a certain villager thinks of you. So they could do something more with it.

My biggest hopes for the next Animal Crossing game are more interactions with villagers and objects (like being able to ride a ferris wheel or play pool at a pool table or play NES games if you have NSO), more activities to do, more facilities to visit, the return of characters like the pelicans and Digby, the return of the Happy Home Showcase where you can visit other player houses and even order items, the return of more frequent mail service, the return of the house upgrades from New Leaf and increased storage from New Horizons, the post office/bank, the summer island or something similar with mini games/activities, all of the Nintendo items and the 3DS/Wii U mini games, etc. If cooking comes back, I hope we'll be able to invite our villagers over for parties or tea or something. I just miss the facilities from New Leaf. Even the City in City Folk is fun to visit even though there isn't as much to do there.

I really liked how you could order all of the seasonal/holiday items from different regions around the world, not just your specific region like in New Leaf, but I miss the little cardboard cutouts that would appear in the plaza for smaller events like Obon in the Japanese version or Shamrock Day. I think Nintendo had so many more things to implement but ran out of time. Here's hoping the next game brings things back and includes them from the start.

Edited on by Hyrule_Rainclouds

Hyrule_Rainclouds

CRB1984

@xLEEx82x - Hey I’m a 1984 guy here! Can I send you an FC on Switch if you still play of course?

Switch Name: CRB1984
FC: SW-5658-8476-2295

MarioVillager92

Hyrule_Rainclouds wrote:

more interactions with villagers and objects (like being able to ride a ferris wheel or play pool at a pool table or play NES games if you have NSO)

That's something that I've been hoping for as well... I'd love to see the amusement park rides from ACNH come back for the next game, but make them so that I can actually ride them! The minigames from ACNL would be a welcome return (especially Puzzle League), same with the other Nintendo-themed items. Maybe even throw in multiplayer for Puzzle League for when a player visits your town/island.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Hyrule_Rainclouds

MarioVillager92 wrote:

Hyrule_Rainclouds wrote:

more interactions with villagers and objects (like being able to ride a ferris wheel or play pool at a pool table or play NES games if you have NSO)

That's something that I've been hoping for as well... I'd love to see the amusement park rides from ACNH come back for the next game, but make them so that I can actually ride them! The minigames from ACNL would be a welcome return (especially Puzzle League), same with the other Nintendo-themed items. Maybe even throw in multiplayer for Puzzle League for when a player visits your town/island.

I played a lot of Pocket Camp when it first came out. There are certain amenities you can unlock like a Merry-Go-Round, a Half-Pipe for skateboarding, a Honeycomb Library, etc. Your player character can't use them, but your animal campers can ride the merry-go-round, play on the tree swing, swim in the swimming pool, visit the library, etc. Before New Horizons came out, I thought for sure we'd get something similar in the new game but that our player characters would be able to use them, too. No suck luck! Maybe in the next game!

I'd love to be able to challenge an animal villager or a visiting player character to a game of Puzzle League or set up an arcade with a working pinball machine, working ping pong table, working arcade machine, etc. It'd be so cool if they added in mini games or brought back the NES games (if you're subscribed to NSO) and mini games from New Leaf. Also, if we could invite our animal villagers to tea parties, pool/swimming parties, BBQs, gaming events, and whatever.

Hyrule_Rainclouds

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic