Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 3,321 to 3,340 of 3,410

Octane

@WoomyNNYes I think it only lets you download it if there is a mismatch between the save data on your console and the cloud. If it's the same you cannot do anything, and there's a blue checkmark on the right in between the cloud and Switch icons.

Octane

Octane

@WoomyNNYes I've already contacted Nintendo of Europe support... but I don't expect much of it.

@desktop No, I'm just using my Switch. I think Yuzu is some kind of emulator, but I'm not using that, this is a legit (physical) version of the game.

Octane

WoomyNNYes

@Octane So, have you transfered consoles since the last time you played TOTK, or do you have a kid that might... fiddle their way around to mess something up (Probably very unlikely, but it crossed my mind).

I'm assuming changing account regions has no impact on save files, since I've done that a bunch of times and not had a problem.

Just thinking out loud here. You don't need to reply to this.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Octane

@WoomyNNYes In all cases no. I'm the only person using the Switch (no kids present). I don't use it much, I've stopped playing TOTK when Pikmin 4 came out, which I played. Then recently I played Mario Wonder. Those are the only two games I have been playing in recent months. I don't use the console for anything else, like YouTube or Netflix, I use the PS5 for that.

Octane

Tyranexx

To the above, I contribute the completionist's greatest gift in a Zelda game:

Untitled

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ryu_Niiyama

The details in this game are insane. Like I figured out who was narrating the blood moon but didn’t actually expect the game to acknowledge it when that person can’t narrate anymore. The more I play, the more I find and am impressed even more.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Henmii

I still have to do the endboss, but I am a bit scared. I mean, people on the internet say the game crashes after the very last cutscene. I really want to know: Does this only happen on emulator? Since I never saw a article about it on this site. Don't you worry, I got the real deal. I never updated it though.

Henmii

FawfulsFury

The game doesn’t crash ,if it’s on the verge of crashing it will trigger a blood moon to fix it, you would have to try hard to force a crash so your probably fine

FawfulsFury

Tyranexx

Henmii wrote:

I still have to do the endboss, but I am a bit scared. I mean, people on the internet say the game crashes after the very last cutscene. I really want to know: Does this only happen on emulator? Since I never saw a article about it on this site. Don't you worry, I got the real deal. I never updated it though.

I realize I'm just one opinion on the internet, but I've been through the final boss sequence a few times. Never had any issues at all. Not that the game doesn't struggle at all in some areas, but I don't recall ever having any problems with the endgame content. I'm using a regular V2 Switch I bought four years ago.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

Henmii

@Tyranexx,

Thanks for the answer! I'll try the endboss somewhere next year.

@FawfulsFury,

The game isn't without its crashes though. There's a crash in one of the caves in the depths (when you try to destroy all the rubble). At that place it crashes every time if you try to destroy all the rubble. I think that's the only place where I encountered crashes.

Henmii

Tyranexx

@Henmii No problem! As an addition to my previous commentary, I do play my Switch docked at least 90% of the time. So there's that. Most games run better that way.

Eel

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

The details in this game are insane. Like I figured out who was narrating the blood moon but didn’t actually expect the game to acknowledge it when that person can’t narrate anymore. The more I play, the more I find and am impressed even more.

It gets so eerie when the cutscene plays without narration.

It was eerie before too. But somehow it gets worse.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ryu_Niiyama

@Eel for me it is inspiring. I feel like I’ve taken the great evil down a tiny peg. (I am grinding shrines and armor upgrades because he beat me black and blue when I tried to take him on. No matter I really was just trying to find where I could put a warp tile. )

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Henmii

@Tyranexx,

I play in handheld-mode 100% of the time and the game also works fine. Hopefully it stays that way up untill the very end.

Henmii

Tyranexx

@Henmii I think if your unit can handle highly forested areas without crashing, things will likely be fine. I've seen complaints about frame chugs, but TotK has never crashed for me. I've triggered the blood moon more than once though! XD

Matt_Barber

Most of the frame rate drops happen when you're using Ultrahand and Rewind. When you consider that the Switch is, in computing terms, a potato mobile processor from 2015 it's still doing rather well running what's possibly the most advanced physics engine seen in video games.

Sustained drops while not using those runes seem pretty rare though. I don't think that they're any more common than they were in Breath of the Wild.

Matt_Barber

Henmii

@Tyranexx,

That all works fine. The framerate only goes a bit bad in the dessert, especially round the pyramid. But it never gets truly terrible. Blood moon has happened on me so many times. Its a clever way from Nintendo to "cleans" the game so to speak.

To make it clear: The crash regarding the endboss (or soft-lock if you will) hasn't to do with gameplay or framerate. I heard that during the very last cutscene, (even after the credits) the game just crashes. But since it never was reported on this site I think it might not be a big deal.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Sisilly_G

@Henmii : What I would love to have seen in TOTK or in a future sequel is for the blood moon mechanic to be scrapped, and allowing enemies and wildlife to be migratory, so, enemies will stay dead when defeated, but they can also breed and become invasive pests if left to their own devices (and potentially wipe out certain species or send them scurrying elsewhere for safety, and/or change their diets to suit their surroundings etc.).

I also thought it was a bit of a wasted opportunity to not be able to erect permanent structures via the Zonai gimmick (or at least be able to repair and customise destroyed structures, with the possibility of enemies being able to destroy them, while established towns and such would be safe from enemy destruction).

Either way, I really hope that they further expand on the sandbox elements for the next game.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Tyranexx

@Henmii Ah, good point, I did have a couple frame drops on the desert as well. Usually only when there was a ton going on though. As for the Blood Moon, overall I like the "self-cleaning" concept...other than when it comes to monsters or items in a very close vicinity. I've been hosed by this a time or two.

On that post-credits scene crash: I'd say play it by ear, though your post is the first I've seen of this potentially happening.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic